Welcome! أهلا بك karibu soo dhaweyn 欢迎
We are thrilled to have you be a part of our magnet program!
Three reasons for taking English as a Second Language courses
- Developing the ability to read, write, listen and speak English is the key to your future in Canada.
- Our classes are designed to help you increase your vocabulary and improve your literacy, oral communication and study skills.
- Opportunities are available for individual support, small group work and whole class instruction as part of our language acquisition courses.
Who is an ESL Student?
- The ESL program is for students who have age-appropriate literacy skills (i.e., reading and writing) in their first language.
- They have varying levels of literacy and oral language proficiency in English.
- These students are able to transfer their first language literacy skills to the process of learning English.
ESL English courses offered: ESLAOI, ESLBOI, ESLCOI, ESLDOI & ESLEOI
Who is an ELD Student?
- The ELD program is for students who received limited or interrupted education in their home and resettlement countries.
- They may have some literacy skills in their first language but they are not at an age-appropriate level.
- Students in ELD programs also demonstrate a range of oral language proficiency in English.
ELD English courses offered: ELDAOI, ELDBOI, ELDCOI, ELDDOI & ELDEOI