Public Consultation Meeting #2 – Southwest Kitchener Secondary Boundary Study
September 9th, 2019
We are hosting a public consultation meeting on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria at Forest Heights Collegiate Institute, located at 255 Fischer-Hallman Road, Kitchener, to gather feedback on the preferred scenario for the Southwest Kitchener Secondary Boundary Study.
A preferred scenario has now been identified (see interactive map) by the Southwest Kitchener Secondary Boundary Study Working Group. The preferred scenario must receive Board of Trustee approval before being implemented.
The preferred scenario proposes the following to be implemented in September 2020:
- Assign Williamsburg PS, WT Townshend PS, and the west portion of Alpine PS elementary boundary areas to Forest Heights CI (from Cameron Heights CI)
- Assign Glencairn PS and Country Hills PS elementary boundary areas to Cameron Heights CI (from Huron Heights SS)
- ‘To-be-determined’ status given to Doon South and Huron South Development Areas (future holding school assignment to be handled outside of the boundary study)
- Phased implementation starting with Grade 9 in September 2020
- Grandparent existing Grade 9-11 students (2020-21 Grade 10-12 students)
We encourage all families residing in the study area (Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute, Forest Heights Collegiate Institute and Huron Heights Secondary School) to attend the meeting and provide their feedback.
The meeting will be an open house format, you may drop in any time between 7 and 9 p.m.
Parking is available on site and is accessible by Grand River Transit routes 1 and 2 as well as Express Route 201.